12.16.2009

Way of the Peaceful Warrior- a book that changes lives

A few days ago I finally had time to finish a book I had been reading since the summer. It was recommended to me by a friend and I was not disappointed in the least!

The book is called Way of the Peaceful Warrior A Book That Changes Lives written by Dan Millman.

If anyone is looking for a great book to read over the holidays then this is just the ticket! I think that this novel can absolutely be appreciated by just about everyone no matter their interests, background or lifestyle. It is magical, captivating as well as inspirational. I don't want to say too much about the book because I think that it speaks for itself, so below is an excerpt of "advice" if you will that made a great impact on me. 

"I wanted to whisper in people's ears, "Wake up! Wake up! Soon the person you believe you are will die- so now, wake up and be content with this knowledge:

There is no need to search; achievement leads to nowhere. It makes no difference at all, so just be happy now! Love is the only reality of the world, because it is all One, you see. And the only laws are paradox, humor and change. There is no problem, never was, and never will be. Release your struggle, let go of your mind, throw away your concerns, and relax into the world. No need to resist life; just do your best. Open your eyes and see that you are far more than you imagine. You are the world, you are the universe; you are yourself and everyone else, too! It's all the marvelous Play of God. Wake up, regain your humor. Don't worry, you are already free!" 

I wanted to say it to everyone I met, but if I had, they might have considered me deranged or even dangerous. I knew the wisdom of silence." 

So I hope that has made you at least slightly interested enough to look up the book! If not, well perhaps sooner or later it till find its way into your life one way or another!

Until next time.. be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment