2.01.2010

I don't know

So it's been quite awhile since my last entry.. I guess that's what a break can do to you. 


Anyway this time I want to talk about decisions that ultimately lead you where you eventually end up. You see one day I'm driving on that one road that I know so incredibly well, so well in fact that i could probably drive it with my eyes closed, and it is an unbelievably gorgeous day, the sun is high and the sky is blue and then that amazing feeling comes over me. You know the feeling I'm talking about. It's that feeling you get when everything is going your way, or that feeling you get listening to that one song that is so meaningful to you. It is incomparable to anything except for maybe a drug... and just then a thought slips into my mind. That thought being "Am I making the right choices in life?" 


Now, I don't mean good choices as in stay away from the bad people, and study hard and work hard but I mean choices like did I make the right choice for colleges? Is this going to take me where I eventually want to be? It's a scary feeling... the unknown. I mean one could make himself sick going over it again and again in his mind. 


Well I guess I don't know. Maybe you just have to go with your gut. I hope I've made a wise decision. 


It's also a funny thing that sometimes the thing you think you want most in life turns out to be no where near what you end up wanting. It just takes time living what you thought you wanted just to find out it really doesn't make you any happier. 


I'm starting to think that it really is the simple things in life that make you happy and it's not material at all. It's so funny how backwards a view can be until you finally begin to see clearly. And I mean really SEE. Sometimes I feel that people in general look and they say they see but do they really SEE? See the truth that is. A situation or a person for what or who it really is? I'm not sure. I think our world needs to pay better attention. We all need to OPEN our eyes and really see what this life is and then we can ask ourselves. Is this the right choice? Is this really what I want? And ultimately, am I happy?


Until next time.. are you happy?



No comments:

Post a Comment