2.16.2010

ehifioehf--i got nothin

Why is it that the moment I go to blog all thoughts leave my head? That really irritates me you know? I'll be like driving along or walking along depending on where I am and i'll  have these thought processes that are long and exquisite and they're really rad and then the minute I sit down to remember and write any of them BOOM they're gone. 


So then I sit here and I stare at this blank page and go "Fuck. I have nothing to write." And that sucks because it's bad enough people don't read my blog as it is, now I can't blame them because I literally have nothing to say.  And then I think wow man, thats sad, how could I not have anything to say? Really Nothing? Yep.. still nothing.. and so I look around my desk where my laptop sits and try to conjure up ideas, which results in... 

Failed Ideas:
- too much of a good thing can be a bad thing... like who hasn't heard that before.
- everything happens for a reason-- while true, is too cliche.
-victorias secret fashion show ticket- while noteworthy.. nahh
-rejected textbook.. snoozefest 
-candles, flowers, colors... AHHHH


So here I sit and I'm mad at my brain for squirreling away all my good ideas for times that I can't write them down! LA LA LA...Still nothing.

And my computer keeps messing these fonts around on me and that's also irritating. Wow and you know what? If you are still reading up to this point then you must really be a good friend because if I was you I probably would have left by now since all I've said with all these characters is absolutely nothing over and over again..


And then AHA! a thought... just as I was giving up hope.. of my friend Cody.. whose birthday is tomorrow.. Happy Birthday Cody.. if you're reading this.. which you probably aren't but anyhow, we had a real interesting conversation recently about language and its lack of life. Like all these little characters like this t that I'm typing or that y and how language is just a tool of society, which we use to try and realize our reality.. which is a really confusing concept in itself and he knows cause I'm pretty sure we were confusing the hell out of each other and then all that reminded me of this film (and i'm going to say film cause it sounds more cultured and this is in fact a documentary) called "Waking Life" by Richard Linklater and there's a part in the movie where a women talks about language and how it is dead. 

She says something to the effect of.. We were isolated so we as man created language as a way to transcend our isolation and so it started out as sounds like way back when if you wanted to warn someone "saber tooth tiger behind you!" we came up with a sound for that.. and so on and so on and so we have this modern language or that's what it claims to be but it fails in a way because 1 word will not have the same meaning for 2 different people unless they shared the meaning of that word together.. do you follow? So I can say LOVE and your mind reacts and goes through memories of "love" and "lack of love" and you say that you understand, but how can I know you understand because the truth is that our experiences of the word are different. 


So you know what? I say fuck this language shit. People shouldn't be allowed to talk anymore you know why? Cause if we weren't allowed to talk a lot of our other senses would get stronger and instead people could read on VIBES because vibes are real and they can't lie the way that I can with these words that come out of my mouth. You dig? So why don't we all just start being silent.. we're probably get less annoyed with peoples lack of intellect too.


It's not going to catch on is it? 


Yeah.. I didn't think so.. Oh well At least I had a thought cause that's what all this was about! hahaha


Until next time.. GIVE ME SOME IDEAS YOU PEOPLE WHO READ ALL THE WAY DOWN HERE GOD DAMNIT!! (Truly love you for it though.. really)

No comments:

Post a Comment