2.28.2010

Music

It never struck me until recently..
It is possible that there is nothing more beautiful than music. 

Of course I think this never really occurred to me before because I never really felt the music I used to listen to... I just thought that it is music no big deal. You listen to it, you dance to it, but in the end the song is over right?

Wrong.

Every person needs to have music in their lives. It is incredibly lonely, and sad without it. I can't believe some people can actually carry on their lives without it.

The thing that really amazes me about music that I never realized is that each song is a feeling, an experience, or something unique to the person who plays or sings it, and when they do so there is a direct connection between you and them because the feeling that the music is giving you is the feeling that the person is feeling while they are performing. That is why I think live music gives an even greater impact. Seeing a show and watching that person go up on stage and take the audience on a journey. You are taken through that persons vibrations and you feel what they are feeling. The sense is euphoria.

The music IS that person, it IS their vibes and it's truly chilling some feelings that music can give you. I know that if i'm ever having a bad day, I put on that one song... and its incredible. The music does what no one could do, it literally lifts your soul and floats you around on its melody. 

I love to share these types of songs with people. The songs that feel so good all you can think is oh my god, some one else HAS to know about this, they HAVE to feel this.

Sometimes I think about what it must be like to be a preforming musician. And sometimes I like to think about what a concert actually is. You know, it's all these people who have all this stuff going on in their lives and they come to this one place to see this one person or group of people and to just leave everything and escape and have a pleasurable time. And it's up to this musician or musicians to deliver that relief. 


And if you've got someone who really feels it who can really get it started, you enter their groove and the other people around you enter the groove and everyone is there collectively grooving together in sync and I just think that there is nothing more beautiful than that collective mind. 


I'm getting the chills just thinking about it right now.


Music can fix anything in your life that is emotional. It can get you through the tough times and it makes the best of times even better.


Music makes our lives go round. And sometimes I listen to music with my headphones on and i'm walking down the street and that music is the soundtrack to my life. It is how I feel, it depicts my life as it is in that moment and the satisfaction it produces is grandiose and people just take it for granted. I know I used to be one of them.

But we can't. Every note is worth appreciating. Every note is part of the person playing it and because of songs and recording all of those feelings poured out in the one song that will never come out the same way again is preserved forever so the magic can be revisited when you need it. It is pure, untouchable, incorruptible spirit.


So until next time, listen to the beauty of another with your mind, body and spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment